The first entry in the app-ideas that I’ve solved is Bin2Dec. It’s a straightforward binary to decimal converter meant to help developers learn base 2 math. While I’ve known about binary and what it is for some time, I haven’t had to actually really deal with it, so this will be a learning experience for sure! I’ve already done some looking into the conversion and it seems pretty straightforward, I’ll just need to get it to fit into the constraints.
- Arrays may not be used to contain the binary digits entered by the user
- Determining the decimal equivalent of a particular binary digit in the sequence must be calculated using a single mathematical function, for example the natural logarithm.
- User can enter up to 8 binary digits in one input field
- User must be notified if anything other than a 0 or 1 was entered
- User views the results in a single output field containing the decimal (base 10) equivalent of the binary number that was entered
- (Bonus) User can enter a variable number of binary digits